Monday, May 11, 2009

9 Weeks: Reactions and New Wheels

First off, I would like to send out congratulatory SHOUT-OUTS to our friends Tracy and Eric on the birth of their beautiful baby girl, Kaylan, on May 7!

Lots of excitement this past weekend. First we got a new "family" car on Saturday! It's an '09 Mazda Cx-7 (used). It's pretty sweet and it was a good price! We were originally looking at an '06 BMW X3, which is pretty much the same type/shape of the CX-7, but they didn't have the one we saw advertised on the internet at the dealership :( So we decided to go "look" to see what they had at the used car dealership down the road...and ended up bringing this home!
Then when we finally got home Saturday, I found some Mother's Day flowers on the doorstep, sent from my co-mom-to-be, Shonna and Paul! Thanks so much guys, that was very sweet of you (and unnecessary! haha)
Then Sunday morning we went to see Star Trek, which was really good, and then on the way home I got THE CALL from my parents. I sent my mom this cheesy wooden "grandma" thing:
and also sent her and my grandma each a card with the sonogram pics. I could hardly understand anyone on the phone because everyone in the background was talking and being excited I guess! They were all pretty excited and surprised and very happy. :) My awesome cousin Sharon was a great help in my plan and got the reaction on video! Thank you so much! Can't wait to see it! We also told Joel's parents Sunday evening and everyone there was really excited too. It's nice to be able to finally share this with everyone! I'm sure Joel is happy now that the third degree questioning is over! haha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jacy & Joel! CONGRATULATIONS on being "preggo"!!! Yes, we all were very excited, and some (including me) were a bit teary-eyed with happiness. I look forward to your blogs, and catching up on what's happening with the little human "bean". Hugs, Ninang Michel