Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A quick update beofre the big day

Tomorrow is my first prenatal appointment...finally!

This is technically the 8th week and my nausea hasn't been bothering me as much (unless I've just gotten used to it), but I've been getting headaches. But those are probably from eyestrain if anything, and also sinuses. No antihistamines for me!

I get hungry a lot. I eat plenty of snacks throughout the day, but shortly after eating anything, my stomach still growls for more food!

Also my tastes have changed. Foods I usually crave (i.e. pizza, Mexican, cookies, pasta) are not as appealing as they once were, but I can't really pinpoint anything specific that I do crave now. Maybe kettle cooked plain potato chips and bagels with veggie cream cheese. Not anything sweet, really.

My pants are getting tighter and I just feel fat in general because all of the bloating.

I'm still trying to run and will try to continue to do so until I physically can't. And then after that I might just switch to the elliptical or bike at the gym or walk the 'hood with my FitFlops!

I can't wait to be able to tell people! I'm tired of lying and avoiding people! lol We tried some of those "mocktail" techniques, Shonna!! Well, I didn't order any mocktails, but we did do the double-duty husband technique. We'd both order beers, and place them near each other on the table. I'd occasionally pick mine up and put the bottle to my mouth, but Joel would drink his and then place it down closer to me, then pretty much keep doing that until both bottles were empty, so it looked like we were both drinking... haha! I wonder if anyone noticed...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That beer idea is Brilliant!!! more beer for Joel!I know, i cant wait till you reveal the news too!!!! to everyone.. haha
I know ellipticals are really bad for the knees, and lower backs, and baby weight already put a lot of strain on those areas, so better to stick to good ol' walking :)