Anyway, I was thinking maybe I can audition after I have the baby? LOL But, I'm sure they wouldn't want me because I think the rules are that you need to be at least 100 lbs overweight. (hmmmm...)
I'm bringing all that stuff up because I just got my heart rate monitor in the mail today...
They told me that when you exercise your heart rate should not go over 140. I went for a jog this afternoon and well, let me just tell you that in trying to keep my heart rate 140 or below, it took me 41 minutes to complete my usual 3 mile neighborhood loop. WTF?! I can't do that. I must have looked like an idiot going so slow. I wasn't even jogging, I was "lazy jogging"... I probably should have just speed-walked! This SUCKS!I might see if I can get a prenatal trainer. They offer them at the wellness center at the hospital I go to for my OB/GYN. I can feel my arms getting flabby and it's not helping that I'm bloated all the time. I really want to stay in some type of shape throughout the next 7+ months!
I don't know. When she told me that I can still run, just not overdo it, I was like "ok, cool." But who determines that? Whenever I run, the only time I think I overdo it is during a race (I ran two 5Ks since we found out we were preggers and they happened to be the fastest 5Ks I've ever run in my life). Normally when we go to the park and run, I take it easy - and my "taking it easy" lately is a 10 minute mile pace. I'm sure people will tell me that it's fine, and I should be ok doing that, but I'm going to wait until the next appointment to speak with my doctor about it. It's still the first trimester and I don't want to do anything risky until after its over.
So I guess I'm stuck with my lazy jogging for now! :(
3 comments:
I enjoy speedwalking around forsythe with my ipod. Man, music makes a big difference.
I've heard mixed things about the 140 bpm rule... Even the Nazi-ish book (What to Expect) says that the bpm aren't really that important - it's more critical what your internal temperature is. Our doctor just said not to go too crazy and to listen to your body. I've still been running (although not nearly as often!) and just don't go above 6.5 mph. If I followed the 140 bpm, I would definitely be restricted to walking!
BTW, we could do biggest loser couples! :)
hell yeah! lets do it! well, i guess that means that we'd have to stop exercising now in order to gain the weight we'd need! LOL
Yeah, I think I'm going to keep jogging at my normal pace. I obviously won't do it in the middle of the day when it's really hot (as it gets into the humid southern summers), then get back in the gym and use their machines in there.
Post a Comment