Monday, January 9, 2012

Late Christmas Post, etc

I found the paper with Liam's "official" 2-year stats: 35.5" tall, 31.8lbs, 19.25" head circ. He had his first Flu shot vax, but needs the 2nd one. I just remembered. I need to call the doc.

Modeling his backpack from Grandma Mary
Liam, Snorty and the Racecar bed from Santa
Christmas was OK. I don't really look forward to it at all, honestly. But I tried to make it fun by doing the whole cookies for Santa thing and making a cinnamon roll breakfast with hash browns... Liam didn't like the cinnamon rolls and didn't eat the hash browns. I think maybe next year I will just do Monkey Bread. I think I did that the year before and it turned out better. I just need my very own bundt pan! I have given up on trying to start any holiday traditions with our family. Maybe at least until Liam can go the day without throwing a tantrum. Yeah, that sounds good. Having a 6 foot tree this year (our first tree taller than 3 feet) was a mistake - Liam was worse than a cat with the ornaments, grabbing them and throwing them or grabbing them and running away with them. So much for my equally-spaced ornament placement!

So yeah, Christmas day was pretty much not fun. Liam was a grump all day except for the morning when he opened his presents. We went to Joel's parent's house for dinner and Liam was being naughty most of the time there too, trying to grab and break all of Grandma Mary's beautiful Christmas decorations. He needed a Christmas straight-jacket! Half the night was spent trying to get him to calm down or get him to eat or get him to stop touching stuff. Not a very fun Christmas. Maybe when he's older we can enjoy it again...

IN OTHER NEWS.... 
LIAM PEED IN THE POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME on January 5, 2012!!!
It was at daycare. He did it again the following night for me before he took a bath and again over the weekend and also a few times today at daycare and before/after his bath tonight! Woohoo!! OK... now what is the next step?

We also gave him a haircut last week - a buzzcut with Joel's clippers. It was torture. Don't think we will do it ourselves again. It isn't the best look on him, but at least the hair is out of his eyes and it doesn't look so much "Justin-Beibery" anymore! haha

The Tuesday after Christmas, Liam and I drove down to Orlando (a 4 hour drive) to visit my sis and her fianceƩ James. Liam was awesome in the car on both the drive up and back. The trip was short, but I'm glad we got to see them and hang out for a little while! Here are some pics from our day trip:

Liam and Auntie Jen!

Have a great January!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Love his little backpack - so cute!

Anonymous said...

Aw, he is so cute! I hear you on the Christmas thing. Our last two Christmases were crappy due to teething, bad sleep, etc., etc. Here's hoping next year is better for both of our families!

Nicole Baksa said...

My son just got this same puzzle and LOVES it. You have a cute little guy!