


(a video of Liam on the patient table)
Kids First Pediatrics, Liam's Doc office, has moved! To a much nicer and larger office in an adjacent building from where it was before. Wow! It is SO much nicer than the old place. The murals are 10 times better in this one... I took some pics of the waiting areas. We sat in the Ocean themed area, but there was also a Jungle area, too... I didn't check out the well-baby waiting rooms because Liam has a little cough.
Anyway, this appointment was probably the quickest one we have ever had! Not quick with the actual check-up part, but the process of getting checked in, called back, waiting for the the Doc and the shots... it was very fast. Our appointment was at 10am, we got there at 9:45. We were out of there by 10:36! Woohoo!
Liam's 6 month stats are:
27" long
21 lb. 12.5 oz.
44 cm head
Doc said he was the size of a normal 1 year old! We had a couple of minor concerns - bow legs, flat back-of-head, neck rash... the bow legs would straighten out by the time he starts walking; the head flatness is getting better, but he still recommended more tummy time (which he gets PLENTY of these days since he sleeps on his tummy now) and the neck rash just needs either cortisone cream (1%) and/or cornstarch powder. No other concerns this time. No teeth yet! He said that if there isn't any teeth now, they'll probably come in around 9 months...if not at 9 months, then by 12 months and if by then, they'll all probably come in at the same time!! Ouch!! Hopefully he'll get some here and there and not the latter!!
Then he got his shots and screamed for about 10 seconds and was fine after that. I watched his face the whole time (I can't watch needle sticks!) and the poor guy was happy one moment and as soon as the first (out of 3) needles went in, his mouth did that hard cry where his entire mouth and tongue tremble... :( so sad, but he got over it pretty fast.
That's all. Next appointment (if he doesn't get sick) will be his 9 month checkup...in September.
3 comments:
Aaaww. Poor Liam. I know, shots are torture! He is a tough cookie. :) And I love the video of him you made Jacy. It's to funny to see him grow through this blog... I am dying to see him in person. love ya and miss you!
Look at the little man!! Keep the videos coming! It seems a little bit more like seeing him in person. We miss you guys! Wow... I can't believe he is the size of a 1 year old! Who knew little Jacy would have such a big baby! I hope you guys are having fun with your fam, give me a call when things settle down! Love ya!
The size of a regular one year old? No kidding! He's just 4 ounces shy of being the same weight as Kaylan!
I love the jungle mural they have in the office, you didn't miss much by not seeing the well baby room. It's plain white for right now, not sure if they will do anything with that later.
Post a Comment