
Liam is on the move!! He has mastered the inchworm and can move pretty good like that. He is SO CLOSE to crawling! I need to clear out my camera's memory card so I can capture this inchworming before he actually starts crawling! It's so cute! I'll give it another week or 2 and he'll be crawling into everything now... and will have lots of dog hair in between his toes and fingers! Damn goldens!
He can also sit up by himself now, a move he has been wobbly on, but in the last week he has perfected it. But he still can't go from the sitting to the crawling position just yet. He leans forward to try to reach something, but his chunky little legs just won't allow him to go all the way over! But he has gone from crawling position/belly to sitting a couple times already.
Liam also loves banging things on tables and on the little tray on his high chair. He likes to fling things around really hard and fast.
I made my first food pureés this week... organic bananas and mangoes. He made the "ick-face" with the bananas at first, but then he soon warmed up to them. He did the same with the mangoes, but warmed up to them faster. I bought 3 of them and I froze an ice cube tray of them. They look pretty tasty... I would eat them or put them in my lemonade! I will try organic apples next, but will start him off on the gerber ones because I don't feel like going to the grocery store before going on vacation. I want to move to pureéing veggies, too.
In sad news, my kitty Lucian is gone. No, he's not dead, just not here any more. My sis Jen and her man James have volunteered themselves a foster parents for him. She came up this week to pick him up. I know this will be better for both of us because he will get the attention he needs from them as opposed to trying to fit in some time with me, while fighting with the dogs and the baby for attention. I miss the little orange fuzzball and I hope he will find happiness in Florida!
In other news, I got my hair cut (FINALLY) and I am contemplating a Liam tattoo. I have been in contact with the artist I want and hopefully she will be able to pull it off. I wanted something symbolic, but illustrative. Tracy just got inked last week, so it got me itching to get something done as well! I have been talking about getting something done on my inner forearm (an inspirational muse/pinup), which I still want, but I am unsure of if I really want one in that location or not (and which PENNIE still has to draw for me! *achem!*). So I'm going to get this next one on my shoulder/arm... I have to save up!
Next week we are going on VACATION!!! Woohoo!! We will be traveling back home to the DC area and Liam will get to meet more of my family and some of Joel's as well. We are excited and cannot wait! I can't wait for him to once again meet his betrothed, Scarlett! :) MANY, many, many photos to come!!!
1 comment:
Come on weekend! Can't wait to see you guys! Maybe we'll get to see Liam master crawling for the first time!
Post a Comment