Friday, December 9, 2011

A few quick notes

  • Tonight was the first night that Liam ate (just about) his entire dinner using a spoon and fork all by himself! We had mixed veggies, mashed taters and grilled pork (with BBQ sauce). Yummy! He wanted to spoon the meat, but soon realized that it was easier to stab with a fork. 

  • He is STILL getting up in the middle of the night and coming into our bedroom - usually around 4am, and then up for the day between 6 and 6:30am. UGH!!!!! It's like the first few months of his life ALL OVER AGAIN... anyone have any tips?!?! We actually did try to constrain him to his room the other night with a door knob safety cover... and OMG, I have never heard screams like that from him!! He was piiiiiiiiissed!!! He was so pissed off that he managed to get the cover off the door knob and come right into our room!

  • He's DEFINITELY a terrible toddler. Full blown tantrums. MULTIPLE times a day. Very irritable! Which makes mommy and daddy irritable too!! haha

  • He is, however, a very smart boy. He forms sentences. He knows all the characters in Cars 1 and 2, and Thomas and Friends. He knows all his (uppercase) letters. He can say his first and last name. He remembers a lot of things. He can draw a damn good circle. He can color things in his coloring book and it looks like he tries very hard to stay in the lines. He can take photos with my camera (a heavy DSLR). Lots more things... I have just been so bad of a blogger to jot them down! He picks up on SO MUCH stuff that he sees us and other people do... it's amazing, isn't it?!?!?

  • He is starting daycare again this upcoming Monday at a daycare center. I am VERY nervous for him as I know he will definitely have some separation anxiety issues, as well as some socializing issues (hitting, pushing, etc) AND the naptime battles (as of now he needs us to read him books to get to nap... it's so hard!). But the director assured me that it is normal and it will take a couple weeks for him to adjust. I really hope so. I hope this helps with the bad behavior. Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

All his acting out is more than likely his way of coping with the move. It's a significant change for you & Joel so imagine the impact it has on him with his limited experience. It's a really big adjustment that he has to make and it will take some amount of time for him to get into a routine again - but he will!

I'm so proud and excited about his accomplishments! I think his skills are stellar for a new 2 year old =D I really can't wait to see you all again - I should have my schedule for the end of the month by this coming Tuesday.

In the meantime, I have confidence in you, like I always do. You guys are great parents with a super awesome kid!