Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Happy (belated) Independence Day!
And happy 19-month birthday to Liam!
How cute is this?
Liam with Grandma Mary
He loved this trampoline
I love his expression here
Moriarty group photo!
One of a few naps that day
Our holiday weekend started out with going out for a sushi dinner with Scarlett and co. It was a nice dinner, although Liam was his usual restaurant-self which is wanting to go all over the place and not eat or sit in the high chair. Taking this kid out to eat is pointless! But at least we got to hang out and catch up with the Wattrups and take some CUTE photos after dinner! haha It becomes more and more effortless to get our two kids to hug and kiss each other! I'm not sure if that is a good thing! haha :)

The 4th of July festivities started out early for us. We traveled up to Joel's Aunt Lisa's house again on Friday night to meet up with Joel's parents who had been up there already. It was a short but sweet visit, as the next afternoon we were headed to the annual Moriarty family reunion picnic at Joel's Uncle John's property (I can't remember where but it was about 1 hour East of Harrisburg).

It was great to see the WHOLE family again - this was my 3rd reunion, and Liam's first! Lots of new faces and changed faces and re-introducing myself to people I forgot or did not recognize. :) I am so terrible with names and faces!! It was a very sunny, beautiful day. They had a huge water slide going - we tried it with Liam, but he was not happy about it. The most he did was wade in the little splash pool at the bottom of the slide. Maybe next year!

He did enjoy other things like running around, drinking Capri Sun juices, the big trampoline, being pushed on the tricycle, watching the other kids play in the water and the folk-jam session which he fell asleep to.

To add to the list of things he did NOT like - he did not like the loud fireworks! The night ended with an awesome fireworks display. I thought he would enjoy it, but even before our show began, some neighbors had their own going off and Liam kept putting his hands over his ears when those fireworks went off. He also got scared and ran to either me or Joel when he heard them. So while the Moriarty fireworks show was going on, Liam sat on my lap and actually fell asleep during the whole thing. I made sure to cover his ears! It was a little too late for him to enjoy it anyway, they probably didn't even start until 9:30. This kid had a long day of playing outside!

After an awesome picnic, we stayed the night at Joel's Uncle Dan's house (45 minutes away from John's). We were all exhausted. The next day after some breakfast and playing, we departed around noon for the 3 hour trek home.

On the actual 4th of July, we kept it low key since we already had our fireworks show. I was not feeling well that day anyway, so we just ran some errands late that afternoon and enjoyed the lack of people out. We got some burritos and ice cream and ended the night!

*********
P.S. If anyone reading this is interested, I started a running/fitness blog. The link to it is in the "Favorite Links" Section to the right!

2 comments:

Rene' said...

Sounds like quite the party you all went to. What fun! And I love his chubby little arms! :)

Mommy Tay said...

Aw. Sounds like you guys had lot's of fun. Love all the pictures...especially the one of him napping on you.