Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random post: Baby names

A random post while I wait for my work's network to go back online so I can actually do some work...

These are some baby names I like - some were on my original list for Liam (even before we knew his gender), many of the others were some that I came across one way or another (long after Liam was born).

I may use these names for future pets. No more babies in this mom's future! So, feel free to "steal" them if you like! haha

Girl Names:
Beatrix (names with an "X" are so cool!)
Esme
Evan
Lillith
Gwendolyn
Amara
Thalia or Dahlia
Calla (as in the Calla lilly, also a sort of homage to my grandma Lily)
Aria
Evangeline
Rainn

Boy names:
Declan
Cyan (this one is an homage to my graphic design roots! maybe for a girl as well)
Bruce
Jack (love this name, but couldn't use it because it's too close to my name and I didn't want any more "J" names)
Jett
Andrew (a guy I had a crush on in college was named "Drew" and loved the name ever since... but there are Andrews in my family already)
Orion

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! We have Evan on our girl name list, too! That's quite a strange coincidence, no?

Have you talked before about not having more kids? Is this a decision you made or medically caused? I'm just curious as we have been agonizing about the possiblity of adding another baby to the mix, so I'm always interested in how others' reach a decision.

Jac V. said...

Great minds think alike, eh? :)

Our decision on not having any more kids was made before we got pregnant. It took me a long time to even warm up to the idea of having a child; at the time we were TTC, it just felt right for both of us. But both me and the DH are happy with one child, as much as many of our friends and family like to disagree. :)

Good luck to you guys!

Rene' said...

I also like the name Jack, obviously! :) I also love the name Evangeline and Jack has a little friend named Evangelina. They call her Eva. So cute! I've thought about what I might name another baby and what would go good with Jack. But I have a few years before that would happen (if it even does happen).

suzanne cabrera said...

Nice list!!!! This is such a hard thing to decide on, but you did a great job!

Shonna said...

You can help me name my next one! :) I like a lot of your names! I'm sure Joel is glad you didn't name your son after a guy you had a crush on in college... :D

Mommy Tay said...

Names are so hard. We never agreed on any. With Cameron it was literally the ONE name we both sorta liked....but when he was born it was totally him. With Ethan I wanted something that had a good meaning since we had 3 consecutive losses before him. We went in with a few names but ended up picking Ethan because it means "Strong". It was perfect for him. Sucky thing...it ended up being #1 or 2 for 09. Lol. Oh well. Anyway...if this baby is a boy again we are so screwed because we don't agree on ANY names. Lol.