Monday, November 1, 2010

10 Months, 3 Weeks: Liam's first Halloween

Reading his Halloween card from Grandma Mary and Papa Joe


Devil and Angel
Getting treats form the Fire Department!
Liam and his Loot... it was way past Mr. Cranky's bedtime!

Happy Halloween!

Man, I don't remember Halloween being this exhausting! Maybe because when I used to go trick-or-treating, I didn't have to carry around a 27.5lb baby! Well, as you can see from the pic, Joel carried him most of the way. So Liam and Scarlett were a devil and angel on their first Halloween together! Now, we have to start thinking about what to do for Haloween 2011! haha

We went trick-or-treating around Scarlett's neighborhood... everyone seemed to love the babies' costumes. Liam got to see a bunch of other kids running around in costumes. I think he enjoyed that, since he loves people-watching. By the time we made it around the block, Liam was starting to fall asleep! I wish I took a pic of it, it was really cute. It was just about his bedtime and we hadn't fed him yet, so our trek came to an end there while Scarlett hit up a few more houses. I'm looking forward to next year where they will be able to run around like the other kids we saw and hopefully be able to say "Trick-or-treat!" at that point!

In developmental news: I didn't want to mention anything about sleep in my past posts, but it's been crazy. It's probably due to teething, which by the way, he's got 5 teeth out now and looks like another on the way. There was a solid week (at least) where Liam had this magical sleep period where he didn't wake up at all. Then, he broke his streak about last Wednesday when he woke up once and took 2 hours to get him back to bed, then Thursday night where he woke up TWICE, and then I think once or twice on Friday night. Ugh... But then Saturday and Sunday night he didn't wake up at all. Even on Saturday when Joel and I got to go out, when we got back home, we transferred him from my grandma's room to his crib and surprisingly, he didn't wake up! Last night was a good night too, but that might have been because he was extra tired from trick-or-treating. I'm sure this type of pattern will keep happening while he's getting the rest of his 15 baby teeth... And poor Joel who is pretty much the only one who can put him back down to bed in his crib after his night-wakings. I'm too short to be able to gently place him on the low crib mattress (even with a step!).

The eating has been getting progressively better. He has been picking up more foods: pizza pieces, Nutrigrain bar pieces, and a few other things I can't really remember, but he's improving. He's also tried his first taste of baby apple juice and some of my V8 (generic). We're going to try giving him some whole milk soon, maybe once a day. He already tried some at Scarlett's house! My little sippy cup hijacker!!

He has also learned how to put things in stuff. I know that is a bad description of what it is supposed to be, but I'm not sure if there's a proper developmental term for it! For instance, as we played with his Halloween candy today, my mom was showing him how to put it all back in the little candy bag... Then we handed him one, and he placed it in the bag! Woohoo! Next step: learn how to put his toys away! (yeah right!)

I can't believe it is November already! Scarlett's birthday is next week! Wow...has it been a year already?? Seems not too long ago that I was huge as a house and got THE text from Paul!

I have a ton more photos from Halloween on the Shutterfly site - check em out!

1 comment:

Shonna said...

Yay Halloween! We had a great time and hope you guys did too! Just think, Liam's bday is just around the corner!