
Yesterday, Liam had his 9 month (and last) appointment with Dr. Manalo at Kids First Pediatrics in Pooler. It was also the first well-visit without Joel. I didn't have many concerns other than a few questions about his genital area... swollen-ness and adhesion issues... but he said that is all normal, nothing to worry about. His 9 month stats are: 45cm head circumference, 25 lbs 13.5 oz weight, and 28.75 inches long. Still a big boy! But he is thinning out a bit from all the moving he's been doing. He had the last of his HIB vaccine, where he only cried for 2 seconds. No exaggerating, it was seriously only a couple seconds of crying. I was prepared with his favorite musical dinosaur toy, but I didn't even have to play it.
Liam has been doing lots of dancing to commercials, his musical toys, and sometimes even just to the music playing in his head! It's pretty funny to watch. It is a shame that his favorite local accident attorney commercial went off the air. It was such a catchy rap! haha
He's also taking more steps on his own. He's taken about 5 or more steps that I have seen without holding on to anything. It's so funny to watch him walk. He gets so excited when he does it, too.
Over the weekend he started rearranging furniture! Haha, well, not really. He realized that the little musical table can be moved if you push it. So he's been moving it around like a push toy. Then, in his little play area that we rigged up in our living room...
... he soon after realized that the pack and play (which we have been using as a "wall" for his play area) can be moved as well, and he started pushing THAT all over the room!! He pushed it towards the front door, then back to where it started. It was the funniest thing!He's such a trip. If you just look at him, he will smile back. It's really funny to just watch him play and discover stuff. His facial expressions are hilarious sometimes. I have waited and waited since he was born for this time where he is easy to play with, as opposed to dangling a toy in his face waiting for him to bat at it with his hands... ok, ok, so he's been in this fun stage for a while, I just never acknowledged the fact that we're in it. THIS is the rewarding part of infancy. Finally.




1 comment:
Yay!! I'm so glad you guys are having fun and are amused by him! I love babies, but definitely love this stage where watching them is endless hours of entertainment. Can't wait to see you guys in just over a week!!! Hopefully Liam can teach Scarlett how to walk!
Post a Comment