Liam received his birthday greeting card from the White House this week. It's a pretty cool keepsake of the time he was born. I wish I had asked someone to buy a newspaper on his birthday. The things you only think of after the fact! Oh well. I actually have one of these in my baby book, except mine is signed by Ronald and Nancy Reagan! You can request one of these for new births, weddings, and other significant events. If you are interested in one, I went here and followed the instructions: http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/consumer/a/greetings.htmIt took about 3 months from the time I sent my request!
My grandma has been here for a week now, and it is AWESOME. No more daycare payments, or having to drive him up there, or giving into temptation driving past my favorite coffee place every morning! haha I am glad that my grandma gets to spend all this quality time with her great grandchild. And I get to have my moments of Liam-time whenever I want during the day!
Liam seems to be waking more at night for some reason. He starts making noises and then it eventually turns into fussing, then a pitiful little cry. I've read that you should wait like 10 minutes to go in if you know he's not hungry, but I think we go in quicker than that. Most of the time, we just put his pacifier in his mouth and give him a few pats and he's back asleep. But this happens about 2-3 times a night. I've also read about a 4 month sleep regression, which could last up to a couple weeks, and then he'll go back to normal. I am thinking we might need to ween him off the swaddle soon. He is almost rolling over and I also want him to be able to self-soothe himself back to sleep with his hands (sucking on them) if he needs to. We do unswaddled naps in the Fisher Price napper and he can sleep for a couple hours in that. But at night we've been swaddling and he's in his crib. We may try doing one arm out sometime soon, but I am hesitant to try it because it seems like we just got him to (somewhat) sleep all night! I tried it (swaddle with one arm out) once a few weeks ago for a nap, and he scratched the heck out of his face with that one hand! :( Ugh...
In other news, Liam has been eating his cereal. I think he's got the hang of getting food off the spoon and swallowing it now. Woohoo! I'm probably going to keep him on mainly formula and cereal at least once a day until 6 months, then we'll try veggies! By then he will be an eating pro!
As for milestones, He STILL hasn't rolled over yet. He is SO close to rolling from back to tummy! His legs make it all the way, but his arms still don't know what to do! It's pretty funny actually. Yet, even though he still hasn't rolled over, he has done a few sit ups (well, more like reclined crunches)! Sometimes when he's sitting in a reclined position on our laps, he will bring his torso up to his legs in the same manner as sit-ups. I was really amazed at it and didn't believe Joel when he said he did it until I saw for myself. He must have some baby abs of steel! haha
He also held his own bottle for the first time last week. It was one of the smaller bottles (4 oz). He does that when he's REEEEEEAAAAAALLLLY hungry. Sometimes he'll grab it and pull it towards his mouth when I'm taking too long (for him) to bring it to his mouth myself. Ravenous baby!!!
I posted a month's worth of photos on the shutterfly. I think there are a few of him holding the bottle in there. Check them out if you like...
2 comments:
Thanks for finally posting the pictures! You got some great shots! I am so jealous that your grandma is there but really happy for you -- I can imagine that it makes life much simpler! Let me know how the no swaddle thing goes! Scarlett still wakes up if she manages to break out of the swaddle so we haven't stopped it yet. She rolls over non-stop even with it, so it definitely hasn't impeded her progress! Miss you guys!
you can probably still order a copy of the old newspaper.
Post a Comment