Liam saw his first snow, down in Georgia of all places! We got about 2 inches last Friday night. Most of it melted by the morning, but we managed to get a few photos when he woke up Saturday morning.
His 2 month checkup was last Tuesday. He weighed in at 14lbs 14oz! Over double his birth weight! Doc said that he was the size of a 4 month old! He measured 24" long and had 40cm head diameter. He also got his first round of shots (minus the first HIB shot...they were out of them!). He did surprisingly well. Of course he let out a loud wail that no mother wants to hear, but after a couple seconds, he stopped!
Liam is smiling a lot more these days. He's especially smiley in the mornings after his first bottle. He loves peek-a-boo and he loves smiling at ceiling fans and the paintings of our furry babies on the living room wall. He also has discovered his hands, as he is sticking his hands near his mouth and trying to suck them. He hasn't figured out how to suck his thumb, but he's getting there.
This past weekend we had a couple bad nights of him waking up in the early morning and having trouble getting back to sleep. We normally have to wake up once around 2 or 3 am to feed him after the last night feeding, but he woke again around 4-5am... But then again he wasn't on his routine at all over the weekend. Yesterday, I got him back on the eat - activity - sleep routine and he slept a lot better last night. Hopefully he will continue to sleep better this week!
Naps are still challenging... well, they aren't so bad, but I get anxious whenever I put him down because I never know if he'll stay down for the entire nap or wake 30 minutes into it. I ordered this portable sleeper that I have heard great things about: the Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper It's ideal for reflux babies because of the incline. Liam doesn't have reflux, but sometimes we think it bothers him when we put him back down to sleep at night after a feeding, and can't get a burp out of him. So the incline may help there. I don't know. It's a step backwards in that he would be sleeping in something other than his crib, but it wouldn't be all the time. maybe for some naps (like the ones in the later afternoon that he has trouble with) and the 2nd half of the night. We'll see. It's portable, so if it works we can bring it to grandma and grandpa's or Auntie Valerie's house if they babysit.
In other news, I went running/jogging for the second time this past weekend. Still slow. I've got an appointment with an orthopedist for my wrist problems. They aren't bothering me too much these days, but sometimes when I try to scratch my back or something, I aggravate it and it hurts. But I think I could live with it if I had to.

Oh yeah, Valentine's Day... we didn't celebrate it this year... unless you count getting ice cream cones at Dairy Queen! (First time eating soft serve since pre-preggo) We are bad parents since we didn't get Liam anything. Haha Well, we did buy him a new bed for Valentine's Day! I'm so happy that we got it. The one we had was a hand-me-down and the rails were too high for a short person like me! It was hard getting him into the crib, trying to reach over the tall rail! I had to place our aerobic step by the old crib so I could place him down easily! The new crib has a lower front rail and it is muuuuuuch better on my arms and back. It's one of those cribs that can convert into a toddler bed and full size bed. Woohoo!
1 comment:
I'm glad the EASY routine seems to be helping! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Let's see pictures of the new crib! Let me know how the sleeper works!
Post a Comment