
(This post is a day early since I found a moment to type!)
My mom hasn't sent down my baby pics yet, but I found this scanned photo of me and my sister Jen from when I was a baby. I don't know how old I am here, but you can really see the strong resemblance of mommy to baby Liam! We've both got the cheeks and the chunky arms/legs! haha
Anyway, this week has been a little challenging. Liam's been struggling with his naps and sleeping on his back in the crib. He used to do absolutely fine in the past couple weeks! I'd put him down awake, but drowsy and he'd fall asleep on his own for naps. Now, I'll put him down and he'll start fussing shortly after. He does fine when we put him down to sleep for the night, but after the first night feed, he's back to fussing (not as bad at night though). Though yesterday, I took him for a walk after his 12 noon feeding and he instantly fell asleep in the stroller. I kept him in the stroller after we got back home and wheeled it into his room and just kept him in there until his next feeding! I don't know what it is about the stroller... the enclosed space? ...the recline of the seat? He wasn't even swaddled (which he needs whenever we put him down to sleep), but slept "like a baby" in it the whole time! I tried elevating the mattress of his crib this morning... so far, so good because he's still asleep! :)
On the bright side, he went 2 nights in a row with a 5 hour long stretch of (somewhat) uninterrupted sleep! Woohoo! He'd been going 3-4 (mostly 3) hours at night, but hopefully the longer stretch will stay. I had been attempting the sleep-feeds, but stopped because he'd still wake 2-3 hours after the feed. We may re-introduce it if this 5 hour stretch sticks! Then ideally it would eliminate the 2/3am feed and sleep to the morning...
(warning: next paragraph is about poop)
We are also experimenting with new formulas because the soy has been making him constipated. I mean it's great, and I'd like to attribute some of Liam's less-fussy demeanor to the soy formula, but it disturbs me how he strains to make a poopie and its consistency is like paste. We bought some Enfamil Gentlease and are going to try it for the length of time the canister will give us. It's very runny/watery compared to the soy, and even compared to my breastmilk... so it seems like he digests it fast and has to eat more often. He pooped once already while on this stuff. He did make some grunty/straining noises, but at least his poop wasn't dry, but more loose, yet it was green (?).
Auntie Jen and Uncle James are here this weekend. Of course Jen is spoiling us with her yummy meals that she has planned to prepare! I also plan on taking lots of pics this weekend and uploading them to the photo site, so watch out for those new pics!
2 comments:
The poop story is fascinating! hahaha i have no clue, of course. But I remember Miriam saying that she breast fed for 6 months...however i dont know how her baby's (Javi) poops were during then. Yey, to Liam lving his stroller and sleeping so well now. Hope he continues to sleep longer hours, so you can have more time to type and we can talk. :D Hope Jen and her boyfriend ahve a great trip and looking forward to the new pictures.
ps. Chris and I are starting to talk about our adoption options and procedures. He is not quite ready yet, but we are thinking it will take us hopefully 3 years to get prepared for it. Its exciting.
The picture of you and Jen is hilarious! You and Liam could be twins! Plus, little Jen looked like she was struggling to hold you! Too cute. Good idea on trying to elevate the mattress -- I've heard that can help a lot! Good luck with the new formula (green is not uncommon for Scarlett BTW) I hope it works and you can keep up the 5 hour stretch!
Post a Comment