I made it to 37 weeks! This month has actually gone faster than I anticipated. Well, I say that now, but the past 3 weeks have probably been the longest ever, and I have to say the 3rd trimester is the LONGEST! This pregnancy thing is getting kind of old! haha
Anyway, last week, we met with one of the pediatricians at the practice we picked. His name is Dr. Manalo and he happens to be Filipino! haha There aren't too many of us down here in Savannah, well, compared to home anyway. He also remembered Joel back from when he and his family used to eat at the Sushi bar at Masato. AND... his wife is originally from PG county, which is the MD county I grew up in. Crazy! There's a good chance she could be an "auntie" of mine...haha!
I also had my (early) 37 week appt with Dr. Cobbs last Friday. I didn't gain any weight from last week, which is good because I've already gained about 45 lbs. so far. Liam's heartbeat was pretty low compared to other times...he was in the 120-130s this time, but he was probably sleeping. The last time they checked his heartbeat, he was kicking the wand and moving around a lot... that time it was in the 140-150s. The nurse noticed that my feet were pretty swollen ...from sitting on my butt all day in front of the computer for work. It was not pretty. I could barely put my flip flops on!
Dr. Cobbs did an internal exam to check to see if I was dilating, which she said I was, but only about 1 cm. She said that I most likely won't have the baby within the next week, but if I experience anything weird to just go to the ER anyway to get evaluated. I also brought in a copy of our birth plan, which she took the time to read and go over. We didn't have anything outrageous on there (like requesting to play head-banging rock music during the delivery - a story we heard in our childbirth class), so she said it was pretty normal and most of it could probably be done.
After the appointment I went to AAA to get the car seat inspected in my car (the Civic). I'll probably go back with the CX-7 after I go for my 38 week appointment on the 30th.
My parents and grandma stopped by for the night on Saturday on their way to FL. It was good to finally see them and for them to see me full blown preggers! They are going to stop by again on their way back up... who knows? Maybe they'll have a grandkid by then! Haha...
2 comments:
I'm impatient to see your baby! heheheh I keep thinking about you and wondering if Liam is going to come on your due date or slightly before? Please text me (if you can) if anything happens, okay? ^_____^ *hugs* LOVE YA!
You want to take over/under bets for whether you make it to your appointment on the 30th? :) Come on Liam! The world is ready for you! I didn't have a birth plan so I'm curious to find out what you put in yours! I figured that everything I cared strongly about was already standard, so I decided not to do it at all. Turned out that anything I would have changed wouldn't have been something that would have occurred to me to put in there (e.g., please give me a bed with working stirrups) so it was okay, but I know some people have like 10 page documents! Lets all give thanks this week that your long trimester is almost over!
Love ya!
Post a Comment